One of the highlights of the summer is the celebration of America’s Independence Day. July 4th offers families and friends an opportunity to get together all across the country and enjoy sharing food and fun while celebrating our independence as a nation. It’s not unusual to pay tribute to the day by incorporating red, white and blue into a 4th of July party’s food and decorations. If you are looking for some patriotic dishes to fix for this year’s celebration, look no further. These 24 blog entries feature salads, desserts and special drinks to send your party over the top.
Salads are an easy option for summer picnics or celebrations, and there are several different varieties of salads you can create that incorporate a red, white and blue theme. These eight blog posts offer you several different recipes that have a patriotic twist, and cover everything from coleslaw to fruit salad.
- 4th of July Recipes: Breakfast, Side Dishes & Main Dishes Check out the recipe for red, white and blue potato salad on this blog post.
- Red, White ‘n Blue Salad Recipe Try this Jell-O salad recipe to jazz up your 4th of July table.
- Red, White & Blue Salad This patriotic salad would work well as a main dish.
- The Red, White & Blue Sweet Summer Salad! You can’t go wrong with strawberries, blueberries and feta cheese in this perfect summer salad.
- Red, White and Blue Slaw Salad Blue cheese and cherry tomatoes give this coleslaw recipe an interesting twist.
- Mixed Berry and Banana Fruit Salad This tasty fruit salad is light and summery, which makes it perfect for a 4th of July picnic.
- Red, White & Blue Roast Potatoes and Firecracker Potato Salad Purple or “blue” potatoes add a bright burst of color to this potato salad.
- Red, White and Blue Bean Salad with Homemade Zesty Italian Dressing Blue corn chips add a crunch to this festive salad.
Food coloring makes it easy to transform a standard dessert recipe into a red, white and blue masterpiece, and you can use it in everything from cookie dough to cake batter. You also can use red, white and blue-colored fruits for a delightful and refreshing dessert salad. Take a look at these eight blog posts for dessert inspiration for your next 4th of July celebration.
- Red, White, & Blue Macaroons: Happy 4th of July! You can add a little food coloring to the normal batter to create a colorful dessert plate.
- 4th of July Popsicles Try this layered popsicle that uses both ice cream and fruit puree for a fun and festive treat.
- Red, White & Blue Candy Apples These candied apples would make a stunning centerpiece for any 4th of July celebration.
- Fresh Strawberry Pie Recipe Decorated with whipped cream and blueberries, this strawberry pie is the perfect addition to your dessert table.
- Delicious Red, White & Blue Desserts for Your Durham Memorial Day This patriotic dessert will work for Memorial Day or 4th of July.
- Red, White and Blue Dessert You’ll find clever tips on how to transport the dessert in this post if you are going to someone else’s house to celebrate the 4th of July.
- Red, White, and Blue Dessert Nachos Try something new for dessert by making your own sweet tortilla chips and spreading mascarpone cheese and fruit on top.
- Red, White and Blue Whoopie Pies These fun little desserts are perfect for a 4th of July picnic because they don’t require a fork to eat them.
Did you know that you can layer liquid much like you would layer a cake? Without getting too far into the science behind this, the basic premise is that the more sugar a liquid has the heavier it is. Having red, white and blue drinks is a fun twist to normal party refreshments, and these eight blog entries are full of patriotic drink ideas.
- Red, White and Blue Drinks for 4th of July Find a list of tasty recipes for red, white and blue drinks on this blog post.
- Fireworks, Red, White and Blue Daiquiris Enjoy this frosty drink on a hot 4th of July and you will be happy that you did.
- Red and Blue Pop Rocks Shooters Patriotic Drink Recipe Put a pop and a crackle into your 4th of July by mixing up a batch of these Pop Rocks shooters.
- A Patriotic “Mocktail” for the Kids! The red, white and blue layers stay separated because of the sugar content, and the kids will love their festive drinks.
- Red, White, and Blue Cocktails These cocktails can be made in a shot glass or as a larger cocktail.
- Non-Alcoholic: Sparkling Berry Slushie The kids will love these chilly drinks on a hot day.
- Red, White and Blue Martini Layer the alcohol into the glasses to create a 4th of July treat!
- Red, White and Blue Patriotic Drink This non-alcoholic drink is simple to make and uses minimal ingredients.