Setting blogger goals is an important part of blogger. Let’s dream big and set some goals.
Goal setting is very important in life, in business and in your blog. Everybody’s blog is different, but everybody needs to set goals. You need to know where you are starting and where you’d like to be. Setting Blogger Goals…let’s do this!
- What do you want to accomplish as a blogger?
- Where do you want your blog to be at the end of the year?
You can set realistic goals and your goals can also be aggressive. It all depends on how much work you are going to put into it. I personally set my goals for the year.
I measure my successes at the end of each month and by year end I have goals that I’d like to accomplish.
Are you measuring the success of your blog? If not, you should! You can easily measure the success of your blog through google analytics. As you set your goals, think about whether you are blogging as a hobby or a business.
I currently measure my stats on all my social media channels each month, my total page views, my unique page views, my bounce rate, how many sponsored posts I write and more. I found a great printable (free) stats page here. You can view the entire printable (free) blog planner here.
Last year, I set goals to:
- Increase my monthly page views to a specific number
- Increase my social media channels to specific numbers based upon the channel
- Complete X amount of paid sponsored posts a month
- Sell X amount of my books on Amazon each month
- Earn X amount of money by writing freelance articles a month
Those are just a few of my goals.
When you are writing goals remember to be:
- attainable (you can be aggressive and still attainable)
It is good to check back quarterly with your goals. Are you making progress towards your end goal at a good rate? If not, change things up. Mix it up, try a different strategy.
Short-term goals that are specific, measurable and attainable might look like:
- Write two sponsored posts (paid) a month by the end of the first quarter.
- Sell 25 copies a month of my book on Amazon by the end of June.
Long-term goals that are specific, measurable and attainable might look like:
- 3 million page views
- Attend Expo East and Expo West
- Perform 30 cooking demonstrations at Whole Foods
As you can see some of my goals are specifically related to happenings on my blog and others are related to the business as a whole. Because of my blog, I have gotten extra opportunities such as gluten-free coaching, cooking demonstration instruction, speaking engagements and more.