- This event has passed.
Mindfulness-Based Support Group
May 2, 2016 @ 10:30 am - 11:45 pm
Mindfulness-Based Support Group for Special Needs Parents
Led by Rachel Gerstein, Ph.D. Licensed Clinical Psychologist
- For parents of children with emotional, behavioral, learning, or medical special needs who feel confused, depleted, or isolated
- Learn and practice mindfulness skills to help you stay calm in difficult situations and fully experience positive moments in your lives
- Connect with and learn from other parents who have experienced similar challenges
- Led by Rachel Gerstein, Ph.D., a parent and psychologist who specializes in using mindful-based therapies to treat depression and anxiety
- Group will meet from 10:30-11:45am in Mount Kisco
- Half of the group will be spent learning and practicing mindfulness skills; the other half of the group will be spent discussing issues related to parenting a special needs child
- Group will meet for 6 sessions
- Fees: $75 per group
If you are interested:
There are a few open spots in my ongoing Mindfulness-Based Support Group for Special Needs Parents. The group meets in my office in Mt Kisco on Monday mornings. We learn and practice mindfulness skills which help us to stay calm in difficult moments, as well as to be fully present for the positive moments. New members can begin on 4/27. It’s been a great experience for all of us so far! Please contact me at email@example.com for more info.