Patricia Bevilacqua, MA
New York State Certified School Psychologist
Child and Adolescent Therapist
Owner/Founder of Therapeutic Behavioral Solutions, LLC.
240 Central Avenue
White Plains, NY 10606
I am an experienced school psychologist and behavior specialist serving individuals with disabilities, both children and adults. As a local Westchester resident, I attended college at Iona earning a B.A. in psychology. I have always been fascinated with people: our thoughts, beliefs, and actions make an impact in society, no matter who you are. Therefore, the next step was to obtain a Master of Arts in School Psychology, specializing in children and those with disabilities. After working in the field of School Psychology, as a building psychologist for seven years, then later as the Chairperson for the Committee on Special Education for an additional seven years, I was able to fully appreciate the complicated process that a child and their parents endure from referral to classification and/or placement.
Over a decade after working in the field of School Psychology, a brilliant professor of mine informed me about an emerging natural science. This was the study of Behavior. After receiving a second Master’s, I contemplated the move to the private sector. It had always been my dream to open a Mental and Behavioral Health Practice to serve my own community. I could now help children and their families, knowing in my heart that I am assisting, advocating, and providing the best services I can, without any limitations. Today, Therapeutic Behavioral Solutions, LLC. strives to make positive and lasting change in the people’s lives we touch.
We can all agree that everyone seeks happiness, but as parents, we are sometimes limited. Sometimes we feel trapped and unable to face certain challenges and obstacles that face us or our families. Often a good therapist or psychologist can recommend alternate ways to view a situation and even suggest strategies to improve relationships and outcomes. Nothing worth having comes easy.
In my own life, this has certainly been the case. I am a mother of two children who both receive Special Education Services. The process can be maddening and definitely requires a mix of diplomacy and assertiveness. Having the right supports by your side, through the process of referral and classification, means a great deal. As a mother, former School Psychologist, and presently a Behavior Specialist in private practice, my professional life, but more so my personal experiences, allow me to offer the right strategies and assistance for you or your child.
Our Mission is to provide preventative, comprehensive and integrated psychological, educational and behavioral services that promote the health and quality of life of our clients. As providers of Therapeutic Behavioral Solutions, we aspire to evaluate and plan for the emotional and behavioral needs of our clients in the most accessible, effective and efficient way.
Our purpose is to:
- Advocate for the rights and needs of individuals with educational, emotional, neurological and behavioral challenges.
- To engage in active outreach, assuring prevention, early intervention and coordination of services to reduce the impact of disorders for the individuals and communities we serve.
- To continually measure the outcome of the services provided to assure effectiveness, efficiency, and accountability.
- To meet the diverse needs of its clients by using approaches that are designed to be flexible, client-centered, family-focused, culturally responsive and empirically-based.
- To promote collaboration between our clients, their community supports (family and friends) and our behavioral associates in order to improve their behavioral and mental health outcomes.
Therapeutic Behavioral Solutions is comprised of a diverse team of professionals including
licensed psychologists; board certified behavior analysts, licensed mental health counselors, speech/language pathologists, and special education consultants.
All providers are independently licensed, insured and maintain active memberships and affiliations with professional organizations. Our services are individualized and created to meet the needs of our clients. We also provide customizable treatments for every age group.
Our services include:
I) Adult and Child Counseling for Individuals
II) Family Counseling
- Psycho-Educational Evaluations
- Neuropsychological Evaluations
- Speech/Language Evaluations
- Achievement Testing
- Functional Behavioral Assessments/Behavior Intervention Plans
IV) Professional Development
At Therapeutic Behavioral solutions, we understand that your bottom line depends on your staff being highly proficient in certain skills. We will work with the individuals in your organization who have the knowledge that you need to impart to your employees. During the development process, we will work with you to identify the goals and objectives your employees need and then together we will build a program that teaches those skills in a manner that ensures the skills are mastered and will be retained over time. We will analyze performance data and make revisions as needed to yield the most effective and efficient instruction possible. Our scientific approach based on decades of behavior analytic research is what gives us the confidence to say that we can train your staff knowledge-based skills better than anyone and we will guarantee those results. We provide trainings directly on-site or can be hosted by our organization.
- School Based Training
- Individual Staff Trainings:
- Classroom Organization
- Customize Trainings for your needs:
V) Applied Behavior Analysis
Systematic instructional procedures of Applied Behavior Analysis, such as discrete trial training, incidental teaching or verbal behavior training, incorporate effective teaching and reinforcement practices to help children with disabilities learn new skills rapidly and efficiently.
- Discrete Trial Training
- Incidental Teaching
- Verbal Behavior
Functional Behavioral Assessment
A Functional Behavioral Assessment is a scientific approach that incorporates a variety of techniques and strategies to identify likely interventions intended to address problem behaviors. In other words, the FBA looks beyond the demonstrated behavior and focuses, instead, upon identifying biological, social, affective, and environmental factors that initiate, sustain, or end the target behavior.
Behavior Intervention Plan
An effective behavior intervention plan is used to teach or reinforce positive behaviors.
Typically, a behavior intervention plan includes:
- Skills training to increase appropriate behavior
- Changes that will be made in classrooms or other environments to reduce or eliminate problem behavior
- Strategies to replace problem behaviors with appropriate behaviors that serve the same function for the child
- Supports for the child to use the appropriate behaviors
VI) Programming for Children
At Therapeutic Behavioral Solutions we strive to create a comfortable environment for our children. It is proven that children of all ages benefit from social interaction and academic intervention in and out of school. Our classes have been carefully selected by an Interdisciplinary Team consisting of Special Education Teachers, Applied Behavior Analysts, Speech/Language Pathologists and of course recommendations from parents in the community.
Some examples of what’s currently being offered are:
- Organic Cooking Class Ages 8-12 on Saturday mornings
- Social Skills Groups Ages 5-7 & 8-10 (Monday & Tuesday 4:30-6:00)
- Guided Reading Groups (Kindergarten – 2nd grade)
- Multi-sensory Literacy Groups (Pre-school age)
- High Frequency Word Knowledge Group (1st-2nd grades)
- Language/Communication Groups Ages 3-5 (2 days a week, 9:30-11:45)
Please visit our website at therapeuticbehavioralsolutions.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, or call 914-290-5797 to find out more!